- Family Size 3 QT Capacity
- Microwave Safe Borosilicate Glass
- 3-in-1 Silicone Lid – Measure Kernels, Melt Butter, Lid
- Stay-Cool Ergonomic Handle
- No Butter or Oil Required
- Top-Shelf Dishwasher Safe
- W 9.8” x H 6.5”
- Model No: PP-275Black
Premium Microwave Popcorn Popper – Black
Forget packaged popcorn full of additives and toxins, the Mueller Popcorn Popper gives you the healthy and delicious alternative for the whole family in less than 3 minutes. Simply use the 3-in-1 silicone lid to measure out the corn kernels, pour into the popper, place the popper in the microwave and the heat will take care of the rest. That’s it! It is the simplest, fastest, and most inexpensive way to make this classic snack at home. What’s more, there is no butter or oil required, just heat, with the Popper designed to spread hot air evenly, so there are minimal unpopped kernels. Of course, if you want a touch of that classic taste, use the silicone lid to melt butter as you microwave and simply pour over the freshly popped popcorn when done. Enjoy!
Dimensions: W 9.8” x H 6.5”
Material: Heat-Safe Borosilicate Glass, 100% BPA-Free
- There are many different types of popcorn kernels available on the market. In general, we recommend using small to medium-sized kernels (for a butterfly-shaped pop) as opposed to large kernels (for a mushroom-shaped pop), but it also comes down to personal preference.
- Always use fresh popcorn. Dried out or stale popcorn pops poorly as it has lost its moisture content and may scorch within the popper.
- DO NOT use ready-to-use bagged microwave popcorn.
The Premium Popcorn Popper has a convenient Silicone Lid that you can use to measure out your popcorn kernels. One lid-full of kernels will pop approximately ½ a Popcorn Popper jug full of popcorn. This lid-full measurement is the optimal amount for popping all your kernels in the jug.
No, the Popcorn popper pops the popcorn kernels with evenly distributed hot air, so there is no need to add oil or other fats to pop the corn. This hot air process allows you to have healthy, fat-free popcorn. You can use the Silicone Lid to add butter to melt during the microwave heating process. The butter will seep through the perforated Silicone Lid during the cooking process onto the popcorn for extra flavor.
Flavorings including salt should only be added after the popcorn has popped. Butter or margarine can be added after, or melted in the Silicone Lid during the cooking process to melt through to the popped corn.
As microwave wattage can vary, it is important to watch and listen during the cooking process. On average popping time is approximately 2 minutes and 30 seconds, but some microwaves may require more or less time. Popcorn typically starts popping after 60-90 seconds and is ready when popping slows to 2 seconds apart.
If popcorn does not pop, it is usually the result of environmental factors such as the freshness and moisture content of the popcorn, or variances of popcorn type. Always use fresh popcorn kernels, that are ideally of a small or medium size. Also, make sure that you do not stop and start the microwave. Stopping the microwave prematurely can dissipate the heat build-up and prevent the kernel from popping.
- Always stay and monitor the popcorn while cooking, and use the sound test to turn off when ready (popping 2 seconds apart).
- As some microwaves are stronger than others, it is possible that melted butter may increase the likelihood of overcooking. In this case, simply avoid using butter or margarine prior to popping and add later once the popcorn has popped.
- It is not recommended to restart the microwave after the majority of the kernels have popped, as this can increase the likelihood of some kernels overcooking.
The Mueller Microwave Popcorn Popper is the healthy alternative to standard bagged popcorn, giving you full control of what you are eating. Our popper only requires heat to produce perfect popcorn, compared to pre-packaged ready-to-use popcorn that is filled with harmful chemicals and preservatives. Using the Mueller Microwave Popper will bring significant cost savings to your household instead of purchasing these pre-prepared alternatives. What’s more, the packaging of these alternative products are wax-coated and non-environmentally friendly, adding to landfills daily.